The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ever-loading Gmail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As was mentioned in this post, in 5.7 Gmail pages never stop loading. You can manually stop them, but when the page auto-refreshes the spinning starts up again. This seems to lead to gradually increasing demands on the system (CPu cycles, memory). For me, this is the only real problem with the %.7 builds I have been using; in other respects they're superb.

Same here, it's a bit irritating ... irritating enough that I sometimes use Firefox to check gmail.

Actually, it does stop loading here, always and at the point when expected. Or is it just that some old version of Google Mail is displayed here? How can I tell?

Anyway, just curious: Why use the web interface if you can use Mail.app with Google Mail just as well? No pun intended, I really want to know if there are real advantages. Personally, I normally prefer using a "real" application over web mail, even if web mail is as good as the Google one. Above all because I can use my address book this way (which is synced to, or rather from ;-) my pda), but also because I like being able ot use Spotlight to search my mail.

(I'd really appreciate a better IMAP client than Mail.app, though.)

Best regards,

Christian

Because if you want to use google other services it's very convenient to use the browser to check the email also. Not that I would use Mail anyway ;)

I've actually used Firefox as my main browser the last week and there are several things to learn from it.

Quick question: does this appear in the latest release also (5.7b2)?

It does for me and I just want to be sure that it's not just me

Well, I don't have any problems with loading the Gmail page, that I know of.

I like to go through the web interface and delete some of the stuff that is more promotional, and some of the crap that I get that isn't spam. Then I pop into Mail, and get my mail. I always perfer to use Mail so that I have records on my machine, and can work offline if my ISP is down.

SC

Just curious if there are any plans to fix this?

I'm getting this also with 5.9.2 sneaky peeks. It does not happen with any other browser, including Safari.

I have the same problem on the MacAir. Forcing me to drop OmniWeb for the time being--Firefox works okay, Safari intermittent. I use the web mail since I am working on more than one computer and travelling but I like the off-line back up for the long flights/train rides... Any hint if Omni folk are working on this?

I, too, have given up using OW for GMail for this reason. The activity wheel never stops. If you open the activity window, it keeps reloading some js files. No other browser has this issue.