The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Checking for updates :) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So happy about 1.7 that I can wait a week or two for iPad.

Bring the goods!

BZ

Ok. Looks like we are not going to get the iPad version in June. If OG submits around June 30th, it's more likely we will get the version around July 7th or later (depending on whether Apple has any issue with the iPad version). I think I might have mentioned it earlier that OG could have released the OF iphone version that is iPad compatible while they worked on the exclusive iPad version. I think there are others who have expressed a similar thought as well.

I think the new OF iPad version is compelling enough that a lot of us would have upgraded to the iPad version anyway even though we already own the iPhone version.

I'm not sure what the reason was but I hope it's not financial since that would be rather short-sighted.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting the iPad version, and I hope it's so good that it's worth the extra wait . . .

Last edited by ksrhee; 2010-06-23 at 11:03 PM..

I'm glad OG talks to us, but man, it sure leads to some unfortunate conversations, none of which would be happening if OG didn't share timelines.

Pretend you don't know when OG said it might be released, and all will be well!

Anything..?

Running out of June

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
I think I might have mentioned it earlier that OG could have released the OF iphone version that is iPad compatible while they worked on the exclusive iPad version. . . .
The available iPhone version (like all other iPhone apps) is iPad compatible. Granted it looks kinda funny, but it works.

Quit your moaning, install it (since you already own it) and just wait another week or two for them to finish the iPad version properly.

I'd much rather have a complete and reliable app than something rushed out to market with flaws in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacso View Post
The available iPhone version (like all other iPhone apps) is iPad compatible. Granted it looks kinda funny, but it works.

Quit your moaning, install it (since you already own it) and just wait another week or two for them to finish the iPad version properly.

I'd much rather have a complete and reliable app than something rushed out to market with flaws in it.
Who says I was moaning? I was merely questioning OG's shift in their decision to delay the OF since the beginning of this year, and suggested a possible solution that could have made the situation better for some of their existing users. I don't mind waiting a week or two, but I think you missed my point. Most of us have been waiting since April for the release of OF for iPad. I appreciate every company needs to make its own product/marketing decision, but that doesn't mean its customers cannot question it or provide suggestions for change.

If I sounded critical, then I apologize since I'm a huge OG and OF fan. Yes, I do have OF installed in my iPad, but every time I use it, I can't help but think how great it would be to have the high resolution version. I'm now using the new iPhone version more given its high resolution, but my preference still lies with the iPad.

I support OmniGroup, I don't mind to wait one week and have a complete version of omnifocus. Maybe is a little late since the launch of the iPad but OmniGroup has 5 products for the mac, 1 for the iPhone and 2 for the iPad.

Maybe I would launch OmniFocus instead OmniGraffle first. But is not my company and pretty sure they have their reasons.

I hope that the version for the iPad give us a beautiful interface, an app that you'll enjoy launching and fill in tasks and projects.

It's a matter of time. Today I'm optimistic :-)

I bet somebody in the OmniGroup is looking forward to ticking the box on their iPad with the words "Submit OF for iPad to App Store" next to it ;)

We posted another OmniFocus for iPad status update to the blog today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We posted another OmniFocus for iPad status update to the blog today...
Brian and Ken,

Thanks for the update. The difference between Things and Omnifocus is that Things has an iPad app now and Omnifocus does not. The iPad, for many of us, is now our ubiquitous capture device.

I don't mind waiting, but why not quickly port the iPhone app for the iPad while you take your time delivering the app you want to deliver? Surely there is a way you could work out the financial charges between the two apps, and generate the sames revenue, couldn't you?

It would really help a lot of us who rely on Omnifocus and have built our workflow around it.