The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I have been using OmniWeb 5.5's beta for the past week. Here are the bug reports Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'll just post my bugs here for the newest beta.

-Sometimes, when clicking links on sites they don't load at all. It doesn't even attempt to go to the link, just a blank click really.

-Scrollbar still disappears sometimes... very strange.

-Upload problems with sites such as fileden.com and snapdrive.net

All of these, minus the file uploading, are generally temporarily solved by quitting OW and restarting itt.

For some strange reason, opening this page makes OmniWeb hang and the RAM and CPU usage max out.
Safari and other browsers have no problem in loading the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush
After entering the username and password in the quick login field on online (vBulletin) forums, the tab button does not move the selection to either the 'Remember me' checkbox or the 'Login' button.
This is a preference option. See the General Preferences page and set Tab to also jump to links. I'm not sure if this will give you the checkbox, too, but at least you will be able to jump to the login button. (You could also just hit return when you completed your entry, though.)

Quote:
When you type a few letters in the address bar and then scroll down the list of previously visited links, the addresses do not appear in the address bar. So if you want to slightly alter a previously view webpage's address, you have to open it, hit 'Stop', click on the address bar and then proceed to editing any part of the URL.
Just hit cursor right when you're on the list item you'd like to see in the location bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
This is a preference option. See the General Preferences page and set Tab to also jump to links. I'm not sure if this will give you the checkbox, too, but at least you will be able to jump to the login button. (You could also just hit return when you completed your entry, though.)
I've tried that. It neither selects the checkbox nor the submit button. It just highlights the last text box in the form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
Just hit cursor right when you're on the list item you'd like to see in the location bar.
Yeah, this solves the problem. Thanks! :)

Quote:
[*]For some reason, you cannot drag the links on Google's search results page. I generally open links by dragging them onto the tab drawer but I cannot do so on Google's search results page.
No problems with this for me either, so this must be a quirk or a specific pref setting combination causing this. What is happening precisely? Do you get the tabs parting and the dragged link icon with a plus over it appearing in the drawer, or not?
Quote:
[*]After entering the username and password in the quick login field on online (vBulletin) forums, the tab button does not move the selection to either the 'Remember me' checkbox or the 'Login' button.
Ever since the switch to WebKit with 5.5, tabbing has had serious problems in OmniWeb and they haven't been fixed yet. FWIW, they didn't previously exist in earlier versions of OmniWeb.
Quote:
[*]Drop down menus and auto complete suggestions do not appear properly sometimes.
This is a WebKit issue - the same thing will happen in Safari.