The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail Drop as bookmark for web pages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
while I'm working in a company I don't have the permission to install OmniFocus on the companies Mac. But, as I manage my work tasks on my own devices I want to add web pages from my companies Mac web browser to my OmniFocus Inbox. Is there a bookmark, like Mail Drop for mails, to send the web page directly to my Inbox?

Have you tried using ``page this page feature`` in your browser

or:

javascript:window.location='omnifocus:///add?note='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&n ame='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

what do you mean by ``page this page feature``?

I can't use the javascript, because it opens OmniFocus, but I'm not allowed to install it on the companies Mac :(

I think what Tado is suggesting is the "Email this page" feature built into recent versions of Safari. Us that - or the corresponding feature in another browser - to send the page to your Mail Drop address and it'll end up in OmniFocus eventually.

See attached screenshot for how to do this in Safari. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SafariScreenSnapz001.png
Views:	820
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	2742  

I think it would be possible to create an ifttt bookmarklet that goes to OmniFocus.
It'd be something like this: http://ridiculouslyefficient.com/201...per-and-ifttt/ except instead of sending to instapaper, you'd want it to send to your OmniFocus Mail Drop email address.

unfortunately i also can't use any mail client on the Mac

What about a web mail client? Perhaps it would be easier to list the things you are allowed to do...

there is nothing really more than a web browser that i can use... yes, i could use my companies mail client, but I don't want to use it for this. Webmail issn't my favorite, because i would need to c&p the URL from here to there. So it's not more complicated that insert it directly on my own iOS device.

So I thought of a private bookmark (like the private mail address for Mail Drop) to put it directly into my Inbox over the web.

You could use Instapaper as a conduit. There's a bookmark you can install to send the current webpage to Instapaper. On iOS, the Instapaper app has a option in the share command to create a new action in OmniFocus..