The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keep text column from expanding items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let's say I have an outline in which every item is one line, and I have a Rich Text column.

If I enter too much text in the column, it will expand the vertical room required for that item, so that the next item starts several lines down the page.

Is there some way to make the column expand to show all of its text for one item only when a cursor hovers over it? Some spreadsheets do this.

Or do I need to put large amounts in an item's Note pane instead of in a column?

This is a feature available in the Pro version, View > Row Text > Collapse When Not Editing. It will reduce every row to only displaying one line unless you are currently editing it.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that. I wish there were a way to apply "Collapse When Not Editing" just to one column, and not to the entire document.

If that can't be done, please add that as a feature request.

Roger