The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync error (remote db reset, unable to reach tx identifiers) help? [Fixed in 1.7.3] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Omni Group,

Same problem in v 1.7.2. :mad: I haven't tried the iPhone, but I am unable to sync between MacBook and MacPro. As noted before, I do not have iDisk syncing enabled.

From both MacBook and MacPro, I've tried File>Replace Server Database. Still, I get the same error on both machines when I try to sync any new action/task that I have created on either machine.

MacBook Error:
Cannot synchronize. The remote database appears to have been reset and is no longer able to reach transaction identifiers (eAsvtYKdQzF).
MacPro Error:
Cannot synchronize. The remote database appears to have been reset and is no longer able to reach transaction identifiers (k2NBonzFTYZ).
I don't mind e-mailing you my database files if that would expedite your troubleshooting.

Last edited by elitebox; 2009-09-04 at 06:24 PM..

Having the exact same error and also noticing that reset database on iphone does nothing but crash the app. I know it was posted that sneaky peek 1.7.3 was the risky one but I think the risk started with 1.7.2 since that's what I installed . I cannot sync either . also using snow leopard .

also wondering if the replace server database command is broken in 1.7.2 ? still doesn't sync saying it can't find any root transactions ..tried deleting document in mobile me as usual.. still doesn't work .

I sure hope the omnigroup is working the weekend to fix this one ..

Every since loading 1.7.2 I started getting the no root transactions error .. I tried Brian's posted solution 5 times, every time the same thing happens , it works great until I add a new task on either iPhone or Mac . Then the error returns .. sent my mail to urgent@omni for the ninja's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stapler View Post
The remote database appears to have been reset and is no longer able to reach transaction identifiers ( jrUXMuzjXOt ).
Sorry for the confusion on our end! This is actually a different error message from the we've been working on the last few days, which was "Client with identifier [foo] only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable".

I've been looking into this for the last few hours, and so far I'm only able to reproduce this error ("The remote database appears to have been reset...") is by using a different client to revert the server's database from an earlier backup. When I do that I get that error logged to my Console, along with a prompt to "Replace your database and start syncing?"

And if I respond to that prompt with "Sync", it copies the database from the server and sync seems to work for me from that point on.

Does that match what you're seeing? (I assume not, but could you tell me how what you're seeing is different?)

I suppose one possibility is that something else is reverting your server database without OmniFocus being involved. (iDisk syncing has been known to do this, for example.) If you're syncing to your iDisk and change your iDisk sync URL to use your Backup folder (https://idisk.me.com/USERNAME/Backup/), does that help? (iDisk syncing skips over the Backup folder, so using that folder prevents it from interfering with OmniFocus' syncing.)

Thank you very much for your help, and I'm sorry for the problems! I'm headed off to a wedding reception now, but I'll be checking in again this evening to see if anyone has provided more information that can help me track this down further.

P.S. — Is this problem only happening to people who are syncing with MobileMe? Or is it happening in other sync configurations as well?

I'm having the same problems. I'm syncing 2 desktop clients and 1 iPhone client. I'm not syncing the iDisk. I am using MobileMe. I am syncing my OmniFocus database to https://idisk.me.com/USERNAME/Backup/

It has happened twice to me in the past 12 hours.

Even after I would think I had gotten all reset and had a good sync going, one of two problems would crop up.

1. Even though all clients appeared to be syncing, any changes made on one client wouldn't propagate to the other clients.
2. After a couple of syncs I would get a message saying that there were no root transactions. If I looked directly into the package contents of the database on my iDisk, there would be the client files, but no database files.

I solved it the first time by reverting to a backup that was done earlier in the day. I replaced the server copy with that copy and then propagated it to my other clients.

Then it happened again this afternoon (the first occurrence was last night). This time, on the iPhone I told it to use the local copy, thereby overwriting the server copy with the one on the iPhone. I then propagated that copy to the other clients and it seems to be working, FOR NOW.

Last edited by beharkey; 2009-09-06 at 12:41 PM..

I have the same problem syncing to the local disk (dropbox). I've been using this method for months and yesterday started to give errors. It sucks because I lost my weekly review today, it didn't made a backup before the sync :(

Testing 1.7.3 now.

I'm having this same MobileMe sync problem as well. I've tried everything I can think of including deleting everything OmniFocus off my macbook (including metadata) and reinstalling, deleting/renaming folders/files in MobileMe, and restoring my iPhone completely and reinstalling. After two days of working on this, still nothing.

Same thing with 1.7.3, Right now omnifocus is completly useless. I've tried to resync, sync to diferent locations, compacted, reseted the sync, recovered from backups... NOTHING works and I keep losing my changes again and again. Using only one computer if I make some changes (mark a couple of tasks as done) wait some minutes and hit sync, it will tell me that the database doesn't match and I have to reset it. Even if I replace the server version with the local one it will lose the changes after restarting the app.

The console log is filled with:

9/6/09 11:29:45 PM OmniFocus[15035] Ignoring tail <XMLTransaction:0x149f01f0 20090717060808=elBqQRd3Sh9+b6kny561UfM.zip> which can't reach a root in {
"__self__" = "<XMLTransactionGraph: 0x149dfe30>";
"_documentURL" = file://localhost/Users/deadsunrise/Library/Application%20Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/;
"_reachableTransactionIdentifiers" = {(
kxUxI7IfIQM,
cJgBLtHf33B,
"puCNR9-JRAD",
hsVT9Cbjldj,