The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omnifocus://add without quick entry window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like an argument in the omnifocus://add?... URIs to drop items directly into the inbox. I used this all the time with my URI Handler applet so that I could have scripts (esp. shell scripts) build OmniFocus items without a ton of work. Would be nice to have.

iNik, sorry we missed this the first time through, but we got a customer email asking for something along these lines today. That led us back to this thread and also led us to discover Don Southard's OmniFocusCLI, which may save you some work. It's a shell script that creates OmniFocus tasks and can be used with Alfred, Hazel, etc.

(The intended use of the URL handler is pretty narrow - it's meant to pass the necessary information when there's no other way to do so than as a URL. We'd recommend using it as an input to the other automation methods that let you control OmniFocus' behavior.)

Is there any update to add functionality? I've been searching and finding nothing. I'd love to pass Context and Project on an add URL like I could with iNik's work.