The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sluggish performance: launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

First of all: love the application. It is a great addition to my iPhone. However, I've noticed my copy is quite sluggish to launch. Upon launch, it takes anything up to 5 seconds to load the database. The database is small - started on the iPhone, with no syncing to the desktop. Maybe 25 actions spread across 10 contexts and 5 projects in total.

Is it just me? I could understand if it was a large database, but it isn't. When you want to just get an action into OmniFocus, it certainly isn't conducive to doing so.

Also, switching between context and project under the create new task doesn't seem quick enough, with up to a 1-2 second delay.

One final thing - can I add a contact to an action? e.g. a contact as part of a task would be a great time saver. Photo and Voice is fine, but contact seems like an omission to me, especially when an action is a phone call...

The application *is* great, but I'm slightly concerned about the performance.

Many thanks
Alastair