The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync issues related to replacing database w/Time Machin [Solved: set up prefs again] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have recovered from a time machine backup as I had a hard drive crash.

In between the restoration and the crash I shifted the omnifocus.ofocus file to my temporary hdd. Then, I used OF from there for a day and then went back to another hdd by restoring it and subsequently replacing the .ofocus file along with all sync files that changed, now I keep getting a popup that says

"Replace your database and start syncing?"
Your current database will be backed up on your computer, and replaced by the sync database:

x-omnifocus-sync:///server/n1bDW******

I also sync to the ipod but the OF is not running in the background.

When I did hit sync, it reverted to really old data.

Just spoke to support - they are awesome btw! The easiest support I have ever been to - fantastic people! The operator who takes the call sounds so professional - I thought she was robo voice again.

Solution:
All I had to do was click Nothing in the sync tab under "preferences" and then click bonjour again and then set a password and boom all seems fine :)

Alternatively, I could also have gone to File menu and "Replace server database" to solve the problem.

LeoI'm glad we got you back up and running! Thanks for the kind words, as well! I'll make sure the appropriate folks see them. :-)