The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Differences OmniWeb,Safari, Webkits.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
for me this is an old unanswered question and I just got reminded about it when installing the latest OW build v622.11 which claims to embed the latest Webkit of Safari. Well, not unexpected OW is *not* showing me the same pages as Safari and some content is now even not visible at all.

Why is OW not the "same" browser as Safari despite the fact that it used the same Webkit?

What actually is driven by this "Kit"? I would assume that all java-script stuff is outside this kit thus having the same Webkit Version as Safari does not help you if you got tons of Java scripts on a webpage?

A brief explanation from a Tek-Guru would be appreciated. Thanks, Mika

How about some examples of pages where you are getting different results?

Example pages would be appreciated. Pages "should" render the same in either browser. We customize WebKit to support some of our features such as ad blocking, it shouldn't affect page appearance though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Example pages would be appreciated. Pages "should" render the same in either browser. We customize WebKit to support some of our features such as ad blocking, it shouldn't affect page appearance though.
Here is an example: http://www.schirmer-mosel.com/homee1/exhibitions.htm

The pictures are well displayed on real Webkit based browsers like Safari and Chrome as well as on Internet Explorer.
This bug is shared by all Gecko engines.

Is OW's Flash engine Gecko-based?

Laszlo_Lebrun

Hmmmm I actually don't see images in the slideshow viewer in any browser for me.

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/out...um/safari1.png

Not sure why it's working for you in some but not all browsers, that flash viewer does work okay for me here:

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/examples/small/

So it may have something to do with how this site is configured. I've noticed that some portions of the site require you to authenticate before you can reach them. Are you logged in to these areas when successfully viewing the slideshow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Hmmmm I actually don't see images in the slideshow viewer in any browser for me:
{image}
Not sure why it's working for you in some but not all browsers, that flash viewer does work okay for me here:
Sorry for the confusion, it was my mistake: In the control XML file, I entered the paths with backslashes instead of slashes.
Now it's fixed.

Apparently the Internet Explorer & WebKit for Windows make the substitution of backslashes, Gecko and Webkit for *ixes don't.

Regards
RIN 67630

Last edited by rin67630; 2010-02-28 at 10:46 PM..