The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync with Bonjour only without firewall!!?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,
I'm trying to sync my ipod touch 4G with IOS 4.2 via bonjour with my macbook pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6. After much tries I found your sticky thread about configuring the firewall.
My problem:
The sync only runs when the firewall is out. I added Omnifocus to the allowed apps but when the firewall runs, the sync stops with the "timeout-message".
What's to do ?

Greetings from Germany
Flashracer

Welcome to the forums, Flashracer!

If you try these steps, in the following order, is OmniFocus able to sync? If not, you may want to email our support ninjas so we can help.
  1. Quit OmniFocus
  2. Ensure that OmniFocus is on the firewall's "Approved" list.
  3. Turn the firewall off.
  4. Ensure "Web Sharing" is enabled.
  5. Turn the Firewall on.
  6. Launch OmniFocus on the Mac.

Thank you for answering, but after trying these steps for a dozen times without effort, I changed to the app iprocrastinate which is less expansive and do what it promises. I don't have the time to ask many times for a basic function like syncing.
Flashracer

I'm new to Omni Focus but wanted to set up the sync function right away. I use a Time Capsule from Apple. My iPhone was connecting to a different network than the one serving my MacBook Pro. I switched my iPhone preference and no problems since.