The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recent Sync Error - Method not allowed (405) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,

I get an error when trying to sync my iphone and mobileme. It worked two days ago...

I made sure to update my current version of the desktop and I then resent the settings to my phone.. but that did not fix the problem.

The error is as below:

Unable to synchronize database with server.

Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The idisk.me.com server returned "method not allowed" (405) in response to "PROPFIND/"username"/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus".

Also, my settings are:

Synchronization: MobileMe
User Name: "username"
Path: Documents
Auto sync: on

Thanks in advance for your help!

Eric

Last edited by elanigan; 2008-10-27 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Signature Unnecessary

It appears that the user name and password that OmniFocus for iPhone uses can get stuck on a particular value. If you enter a typo or if your login information for your sync server changes, OmniFocus gets stuck using the bad information. I suspect that's what's happening here.

If I remember correctly, 1.1 prompts you for another user name and password, but for the time being, we'll work around the problem by doing the following:
In OmniFocus' settings screen, scroll down to the sync settings.
Tap "advanced", then enter "http://demo.omnigroup.com" into the "Location" field.
Tap 'done', then tap the sync button.

Your phone will attempt to contact our server for a sync; we'll prompt the phone to ask you for a new login and password.

Type in random gibberish for the user name and password - the point here is that we want our server to send you a 'bad password' response. (Do not type in the user name and password of the *account you're actually trying to sync with; we could read that data.)

In any case, when the password sheet comes down a second time, tap 'cancel'.
Switch the sync settings back to their normal values and start a sync.

You will be asked for the user name and password; you can now enter the new info you want OmniFocus to use.

Does that get you back up and syncing?

Hi,

I also received the same error on sync from my iPhone when I changed the connection port to my private WebDAV server (not MobileMe). I followed the same instructions that Brian posted below to reset the authentication, and it worked.

I will say that if I hadn't found this forum topic, I would have spent a lot longer to figure this one out!

Thanks,
bsd

Glad it helped! I added a bit more information to the thread title to hopefully make it easier to find.

I followed the steps provided above, but it didn't work.

I'm trying to sync two computers using my server. I set up a web disk via Bluehost's C Panel.

Here's the error message I get:

Unable to perform WebDAV operation.

The xxxxxxxxxxx.com server returned “method not allowed” (405) in response to a request to “PROPFIND /omnifocus/OmniFocus.ofocus”.

Any other suggestions?

Any help much appreciated!

I'd do a forum search for Bluehost and see what turns up. I don't think it is one of the more commonly used webDAV servers with OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'd do a forum search for Bluehost and see what turns up. I don't think it is one of the more commonly used webDAV servers with OmniFocus.
You may need to include the port number, eg

https://mybluehostwebdav.com:2078

where the port is 2078