The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

In know this is tacky, but... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I signed up 29 March 2007. Any chance I can get my hands on the alpha prior to the weekend? I begin my new job (and new career) this Monday and am eager to make a positive impression utilizing what I hope will be my GTD secret weapon of choice.

Edited (in an attempt) to correct title.

Last edited by Janice; 2007-06-02 at 10:07 AM..

I read that invitations for people who signed up before March 28 went out -- March 28 of which year?

Seriously, looks like my record's been lost, though I thought I'd gotten a couple of messages via the email list a couple of months ago. Is it possible to have signed up for email but not to be on the beta list?

Chuckbo,

Your invitation was in the very first batch we sent out (on May 14). Maybe it got caught by a spam filter?

I'll try sending it again.

Janice,

You barely missed today's batch, so you'll definitely be in the next one.

Ok, just to add to the tackiness here. I signed up on April 29th. No invite for me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneill
Ok, just to add to the tackiness here. I signed up on April 29th. No invite for me either.
Sorry, there are quite a few people ahead of you on the list. We're done sending invitations this week. You probably won't make it into next week's batch either, but probably the week after.

(sigh). Being tacky just doesn't pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneill
Don't worry, you're still relatively lucky... if they keep going like this, the next batch will likely include everyone who signed up before May 1st. That's you, too! And guess what, I signed up on May 1st... which probably means I'll have to wait for yet another round. Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth it.

I don't know of any other software product being so eagerly anticipated while still in an alpha stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
I don't know of any other software product being so eagerly anticipated while still in an alpha stage.
Not to mention actually usable, let alone an efficiency booster, in a production setting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
I agree -- there has been begging, negotiating, and rationalizing by people who want to get their hands on software that, for all they know, could eat their data, cause their machine to crash, and give their dog fleas. (It's not even feature-complete yet!)

That fact that it doesn't do any of these things, and so many people are gladly trusting their "trusted system" to a work-in-progress, speaks volumes about the Omni Group's devotion to quality and customer service. Y'all should be proud.

Man, nothing is more heartbreaking than seeing that you missed the cutoff date on the last batch of invites by three days! (Oh wait; is this begging...?)