The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Receive email and move to OF Task using Apple mail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using the script that comes with OF to send and email from apple mail and have OF process it into a task, which works great.

I would like to be able to go to an email that someone has sent me and either from mail right click or take some action and have it be come a task in OF. Or even drag a email from mail into OF and have it become a task.

Basically, if someone emails me some todos I would like to move that email I received into OF in a click or two. The difference here is that the person sending me the email doesn't know about special subject characters to add that will help OF parse it.

Thanks, greg

Have you tried the "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" item in the services menu?

This is exactly what I need, never thought to look there. Any chance the Services send to function can have a keyboard short cut command?

Thanks!

Yes. You enter it in the Clippings Shortcut: area of the Clippings pane in the preferences.

Hi

At the moment I use a two move method

1) Key command to send email clip to OF in box (works great)
2) Manually moving that email out of my Mail in box and into an On My Mac archive mailbox

My question is - How can I get just one key command to do both? Into OF and also filed away in Mail..

Many thanks,

Doing both actions with one keystroke isn't currently supported, though it might be something we could add in a future version. Email the support ninjas and we can add this to the development database for you. Thanks!

OK I did

Anyone else that wants it also - do the same please!