The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Frequent crashes in test builds starting with r200159 [fixed in r200449] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This morning I received the alert to upgrade to 200145. Did that and immediately got an alert for upgrade to 200159, which I did. 200159 crashes continually almost as soon as I click on a link to another page within a tab.

Window has tabs for APOD, Literature & Latte forums, Nisus forums, Scribblecode forums, OmniGroup forums and Google search page. Scribblecode forums and Google not tested, but crashes on all the other forums. APOD can scroll, but didn’t try to click a link.

Now retrograded to 200145; so far so good, though all I’ve tried so far is OmniGroup > OmniWeb > Omniweb General > 64-bit test builds … down to this point.

I have the same problem with the mentioned build. It just crashes as soon as i try to load a page using the address bar.

I have no crashing problems with the older builds.

My Mac:
iMac early 2009, base model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese View Post
200159 crashes continually almost as soon as I click on a link to another page within a tab.
This should be fixed in r200160 and later.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2013-12-08 at 01:09 PM..

Latest build 200169 crashed on opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Latest build 200169 crashed on opening.
Hmm, does it consistently crash for you? (If you sent in a crash report, could you let me know the ticket number?) I'm posting this from r200169 right now, and it's seeming relatively stable—though there are still some crashes that I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet, and maybe it has to do with my preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Hmm, does it consistently crash for you? (If you sent in a crash report, could you let me know the ticket number?) I'm posting this from r200169 right now, and it's seeming relatively stable—though there are still some crashes that I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet, and maybe it has to do with my preferences.
I just checked and it crashed again on the same location - the NY Times home page. This second time, about ten minutes after accessing the site, I had clicked on a video in order to open it . The first time it had crashed immediately upon accessing the site. The first crash report was OG #1004154 and the more recent OG #1004215. Both were sent by e-mail. Thanks for your continuing efforts on our favorite browser.

Quote:
I just checked and it crashed again on the same location - the NY Times home page. This second time, about ten minutes after accessing the site, I had clicked on a video in order to open it . The first time it had crashed immediately upon accessing the site. The first crash report was OG #1004154 and the more recent OG #1004215. Both were sent by e-mail. Thanks for your continuing efforts on our favorite browser.
Crashed again on Washington Post home page: OG #1004231 Error report sent via e-mail.

Today's Revision 200205 crashed immediately upon accessing NY Times web page. OG #1004815 sent via e-mail.

Quote:
Today's Revision 200205 crashed immediately upon accessing NY Times web page. OG #1004815 sent via e-mail.
I think that crash should be fixed in r200290.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I think that crash should be fixed in r200290.
I'm afraid not. I tried it and it crashed again on the NYT site. OG #1005185 sent by e-mail. I didn't try the subsequent build, just 200290. BTW, I noticed the time date on those two builds. Don't think we're taking for granted all the extra time and hard work you're putting in on this. When OW 6 finally reaches stability and perfection, and it's announced on all the usual sites, I hope you'll at least make it Donationware.