The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nested or linked actions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to nest or link actions together? I find myself creating an action and subsequently receive emails and other pieces of new information that relate to it. I've been appending these to the notes section, but it would be more convenient to simply create a new action directly from mail and add them as "child" actions to the main one.

I realize that I could create a new project and link the actions that way, but I've been avoiding creating temporary projects of this kind.

Thanks,
Tom

Sure, you could just indent the new actions under the original one with Edit->Outlining->Indent (or cmd-]).

Yes, indenting gives the visual clue that the actions are linked, but it would very useful to be able to append related new items, such as email updates, to an existing action. Then keep all the appended "child" actions linked when the parent is moved, sorted, completed, etc.

This effectively turns the original action into a thread of updates and new pieces of information.

Tom

Yosh, I think we have a feature request open on the ability to do something like that. (Insert an action as a child of another action from the quick entry window.)

If you email the support ninjas, they can attach you to the request. Thanks!