The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tasks that won't get done Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What is the best way to handle tasks that I won't do.
Occasionally a task will arise in a project that becomes unnecessary or de-prioritized. I want them to no longer show as due, but I do not want to delete these as I want a record that it was a conscious decision not to do said task. I don't want to mark them done because they were not done.

You can mark a project as dropped. I haven't seen anyway to mark a task in the same way.

I mark those tasks with an on-hold context.

I edit the task text. So "Submit budget report" changes to "Skipped - Submit budget report". And then I check it off.

This doesn't work as well for repeating tasks. Personally, I don't care if I have a record of whether I did those tasks, so I just check them off.

Gardener

Gardener
Although not perfect Skipped may be the workaround I need to use until there is a true solution.
Thanks

I have submitted a feature request
Feature request - Mark task as skipped or wont do.
If I decide to*intentionally*skip or not do a task, I would like to mark it as such to remove it from showing as Due. Checking the task as done is inaccurate as it was not done but skipped. Having an option to mark this with an X instead of a Check is inline with my (and others) paper system such as FranklinCovey.