The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail actions and exchange Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue with the rule to import messages as tasks.

I am running OF 1.9 and have the following setup:

My mac is running 10.6.7
Personal email account is hosted on google apps (gmail)
Work email account is hosted on exchange 2010
Both accounts are configured in Mail.app
Whether I send the email from my work computer using outlook 2010 or my own computer using mail.app, the results are the same. I've tested sending from (each of them several times):

work email to work email
personal email to work email
work email to personal email
personal email to personal email

I am consistently getting the result that in every case the mail.app rule fires, the email is archived properly and the console logs:

5/27/11 9:47:11 AM OmniFocus[45841] OmniFocus calling process_message in MailAction script

However, only messages that are sent to my personal address wind up creating actions. It does not matter which address the mail is from, and I have configured the from addresses in Omnifocus' preferences. It appears that messages sent to my work account are being silently dropped by the Omnifocus script.

Is this a problem with the omnifocus script, does omni focus drop it if it does not come in on a specific account, or is it something exchange is doing to the message?

Both accounts must be in the list of allowed senders at the lower right in the Mail preferences in OmniFocus. Also make sure the messages being sent are plain text, with no formatting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Both accounts must be in the list of allowed senders at the lower right in the Mail preferences in OmniFocus. Also make sure the messages being sent are plain text, with no formatting.
Neither the sending account nor the message format are the issue.

As noted in my original post, both addresses are configured in omnifocus' preferences and I tested the same message from both addresses to both addresses several times using both mail.app and outlook 2010. The result is that the emails sent to either address trigger the mail rule, but the ones sent to my work address do not create an action, while the ones sent to my personal address do. Every time, without fail.

The issue is occurring based on destination, not sender.

Thanks!

Sorry, I saw that you said both were configured in Mail, didn't see the subsequent bit about OmniFocus.

I'm still not 100% convinced message format is not the issue, as I've observed that Outlook will send a message in different formatting depending on what the recipient is thought to prefer. In theory, at least, the two addresses could have different settings. Go to Mail, look at one of the messages sent to your work address, select View->Message->Raw Source and see what appears after the Content-type: header(s). If it doesn't have one with text/plain, it probably isn't going to work.

If it does, then you'll probably need to talk to the Omni support ninjas directly for help with this. Use Help->Send Feedback or call 800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.