The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No alerts or notifications working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have just started using OmniFocus for iPhone.
I have set up location reminders the way it is described in the manual and in the help section of the phone.

Still, there is no notification popping up when I approach the chosen location.

If I enter the map, it has no problem finding my location. The orange circle is also showing. If I enter list view, it correctly says "here".

Neither do I get any notification when actions become "due soon".

The boxes for alerts are all ticked under settings-Sounds&Alerts in the app itself. Under notifications-OmniFocus in the settings menu on the iPhone everything is set to on as well.

I have read quite a few posts in this forum, and searched a lot, but still can't find no reason why it's not working.

Can anybody help?

I'm using iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, and OmniFocus is version 1.14.2.

Sorry for the trouble here, Stapleton! Based on the description, I'd expect them to be working. Maybe double-check that the "Alert Style:none" option hasn't accidentally been selected for OmniFocus in Settings.app?

If that isn't the issue, (and forgive me if you've already checked these, just being thorough) it may help to double-check that OmniFocus appears in the "In Notification Center" section.

If that doesn't help, send our support ninjas an email and we'll be happy to investigate what's going on here. Apologies again for the trouble!

Hi, Brian.

The "Alert Style:None" option is not selected, no, unfortunately.
Neither has OmniFocus been left out of the notification center list in settings.

There must be something else going on indeed.

I'll try mailing your ninjas.
Thanks a lot for the fast reply!