The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Request: Less Obtrusive Quick Entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
The Quick Entry window seems to be working fine for me on 10.5.1 except one situation: if I have OmniFocus hidden and invoke the Quick Entry window, the main application window will come to the front if I enter a Project or Context in the Quick Entry window. However, if I only enter an action name, the main app window correctly remains hidden.
What about when invoking quick entry via the clipping service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotster View Post
What about when invoking quick entry via the clipping service?
Ah, yes, I have the same problem with the clipping service: browsing in Safari with OmniFocus hidden, select some text in Safari, hit my key combination for "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" (i.e. clipping service), the Quick Entry window appears with the specified text. But the main OmniFocus' application window also appears in the background (no longer hidden).

So it looks like I'm seeing two, possibly related, issues with the Quick Entry window when OmniFocus is hidden.

This doesn't happen for me on Tiger (10.4.8).

All the issues we have logged relating Quick Entry/OmniFocus activation issues should be fixed in today's latest build; please let us know if you continue to see problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
All the issues we have logged relating Quick Entry/OmniFocus activation issues should be fixed in today's latest build; please let us know if you continue to see problems.
OF still activates when using the clipping service. I'm using Revision: 95298 under 10.5.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I have problems clipping from entourage, I have tried 1000 different key combinations. safari works....I am Using 10.5.1 and rev 95291

any ideas?

No ideas on Entourage; does it support clippings? Do you see enabled entries in the Services menu?

I'll look into the activation when clipping.

I'm still seeing problems with OmniFocus becoming "unhidden" when I enter a Project or Context in the Quick Entry window. This occurs regardless of whether the inspectors are visible or not.

I also still see similar problems when using the clipping service (i.e. brings hidden OmniFocus to front). It happens with both Apple Mail and Safari.

I even tried removing my preferences file and starting with a fresh database. It didn't seem to make a difference.

I'm running 10.5.1 and rev 95298 on a 17-inch MacBook Pro.

Last edited by Toadling; 2007-11-28 at 08:22 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I'm still seeing problems with OmniFocus becoming "unhidden" when I enter a Project or Context in the Quick Entry window. This occurs regardless of whether the inspectors are visible or not.
I'm running 10.5.1 and rev 95298 on a 17-inch MacBook Pro.
Using the same OS & OF versions on a PowerBook and seeing the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotster View Post
OF still activates when using the clipping service. I'm using Revision: 95298 under 10.5.1.
Fixed in 95313.