The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Arrow with a 90 Degree Bend? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to the product ... how can I take an adjustable arrow and create a 90 degree bend to connect two boxes?

Thanks in advance!

You're trying to get something like this?

Here's what I would do. Select both objects you want to connect. Bring up the Properties inspector with cmd-2. Click on the Connections tab, and make sure Allow connections from lines is checked, and select the value for the magnet selector that gives you a magnet where you need it (in my example, I did 4 magnets, N, S, E, W). Now click on the Line tool at the bottom right hand corner, and choose the Orthogonal style. As you move close to one of the boxes with the Line tool active, the magnets will appear. Click on the one you want to anchor the line, and then move to the other endpoint of your line and click to finish the line. Now bring up the Style inspector with cmd-1, select the Lines and Shapes portion, and choose arrowheads, line thickness, etc.

Thank you! Orthogonal is what I wanted. However, I was drawing using the arrow shapes (thicker, colored arrow images). Is there a way to apply Orthogonal to such an object?

any update? I'm really looking for how to create a thick bent arrow.

I'm not aware of a way to bend a shape, but if you put a really thick stroke (20, 30, or more points) on an orthogonal line, choose the "Square" end type, and give it an arrowhead, maybe it works for your purposes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenSnapz.png
Views:	1454
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1938