The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick question - sequential and/or parallel? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I just wondered how others deal with this within GTD and specifically OF:

I have a project, "quote acme". I have actions "e-mail enquiry to supplier" and "call re technical question", which do not depend on each other, but I also have "enter costs into estimate" which does depend on "e-mail enquiry to supplier", and "prepare report" which depends on "call re technical question".

I'm not sure whether to deal with those as sequential action groups within a parallel project, or as parent/child actions? In fact, I can't even work out how to create parents and children (in OF that is, I have plenty of experience in real life!!!!).

What if I have one action that depends on two other actions, but those two don't depend on each other? E.g. "email enquiry to new bookkeeper" and "call existing bookkeeper", then "appoint bookkeeper for next year". Is that a sequential project with parallel action groups?

I don't want to spend longer setting up each project than actually working on it, so I'm very interested to hear what other do.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-02 at 08:39 AM..