The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Things -> Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If anyones interested, after an intensive 6 hour session I have now managed to make Omnifocus work very much like Things. I now have Today, Next, Scheduled and Someday perspectives in my OF. This is great as i get the workflow of Things as well as all the benefits of Omnifocus (nested projects, forecast, advanced reviewing, great project view, cloudsync etc..)

Only "extra mile" I have to do is that when I schedule my tasks, I have to remember to flag them in order to get them automated into Today list on a start date (as well as to get my Scheduled perspective to be formatted correctly). However I can still flag items to appear onto Today list.

I have no idea how you are "supposed" to use Omnifocus, but this gives me a great startup in a familiar methodology I so much have grown to love, yet it gives me the flexibility to use the advanced features of OF.

I didn't think this was possible, but it was.

P.S Wish there was a way on the iPhone app to get chosen perspectives into the main screen like in the iPad version.

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-03 at 01:11 PM..