The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Waiting For... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The problem of waiting for items...

what is the problem of waiting for?

--i want to review waiting for items, and not see ones that I cannot accesss right now. Much like a tickler file. I only want to see items that I need to see.

--if a waiting for item needs action, i want to write the action down, and the waiting for item disapears from the waiting for list. If there is no response from the action, I want to be reminded again. Example...
Waiting for email from John about proposal
My next action is in the email place...
email john about status of proposal
The waiting for item should not appear in my waiting for list
once the email is sent and checked off, the waiting for item should appear again in a couple of days reminding me that I am waiting for an email from John.

--the problem is... when a waiting for item comes in... how do i search for it? It's not in the waiting for list, because I don't need to be reminded of it right now. I could perform a search for it, find it in the outline and mark it as complete. If using a tickler file, and one of the tickler file items comes in but the item is in the folder for a week from now, how do you easily find it?

--when i see a waiting for item, there are three responses,
take action on it, or
give the waiting for item more time, or
the waiting for item is complete and no longer needs waiting for.