The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having some OP sync issues. I've create a project template which I want to use on all new plans.
The 1st problem is that every time I copy the template and rename it, the new plan syncs to the template and any changes I make to the new plan also change my template.
The 2nd problem is when trying to fix the first problem I removed the sync info from the plan and reenter the sync info then I get a message that I need to update the project before publishing. I then hit the update button and I get a message to the effect that the plan doesn't exist on the sync server. Hitting the publish button again gives me the message that I need to update the plan first. Nothing I can do from this point. The plan won't sync anymore. I have the same problem on omnisync and WebDAV.

Yeah, that looks like a bug to me. It isn't reasonable to require you to have made the duplicate before you ever synced. Either removing the publishing information should snap the link and get you a new project id, or there should be an explicit command to do so. As it is, both projects have the same id, so they try to write to the same files on the server. I sent in a bug report, but you should also — reference OG #781137.