The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time estimates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good morning,
I struggle to find the "time estimates" for for an action. The documentation is indicating this feature.
Can anyone please point me to the field where I could add the estimated time to complete the action?

When done, where could I search for that? The documentation is indicating I could list all actions that have an eg 1h time to complete.

Any hints?

This sounds to me like a very usefull feature.

Thanks,
Andreas

The Mac version of OmniFocus supports time estimates while the iOS versions currently do not.

Thanks for the feedback - do you if that will come in short term?

I don't know if it will come at all. You can send the ninjas a request to add your vote for this feature. I also think it would be useful on the iPad-don't know that I would use it on the iPhone.

For reference purposes, I would like to have it - although I would not normally look for something based on time when it comes to my next todo item.

-Bob

If you have the Mac application, you can make a context-mode perspective using the time estimates for grouping/sorting/filtering and the iPad will display it even though it will not show you the value of the estimate. I have a Quick Dash perspective, for example, which shows me all of the available actions which have estimates of 5 minutes or less, grouped by context. One could construct a perspective that grouped by context and sorted by duration estimate, showing only those with a duration, but unless you limit it to a certain duration, that doesn't seem quite so easy to use...