The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
if a project/context is paused, or what the next action is)
FWIW the ProjectInfo table contains a status field (string: active | inactive | done | dropped), and an id in a nextTask field.

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Status.png
Views:	1228
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2840  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
FWIW the ProjectInfo table contains a status field (string: active | inactive | done | dropped), and an id in a nextTask field.
Thanks. I might have a go at that this weekend.

Update: 'tis done. For simplicity I've mapped context paused state onto active/inactive too.

Code:
ofexport -p 'status="active"' -p 'text="Home"' -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open

Last edited by psidnell; 2013-05-10 at 10:46 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
I've added a pre-requisites section indicating that it won't work with the version of python that ships with Snow Leopard.

It can be upgraded: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.4/ but I don't know what issues are associated with doing that.
Yes, I'm trying to understand what, if any issues there might be in doing that. Seems like you can do a straight install or do it through MacPorts or Homebrew. Apparently, different versions are designed to run next to each other. But I haven't learned more than that. Trying to figure out the simplest and safest way to get 2.7.4 on my system.

JL

I'd forgotten about MacPorts - probably because it just works. MacPorts is great - I use it myself and it maintains a separate install location for everything it fetches so (as you say) it won't blitz your system version and you should be able to uninstall and leave everything as it was.

Got Python 2.7.4 installed on my system with the .org installer. Seems to be working. Is there any way to include a query that uses the availability filter in OF (e.g., to only return tasks that are the next action of a project)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Got Python 2.7.4 installed on my system with the .org installer. Seems to be working. Is there any way to include a query that uses the availability filter in OF (e.g., to only return tasks that are the next action of a project)?
Not yet, just got status queries working, so I might look at this next.

Looking forward to you figuring that out.

In case you haven't seen it, this thread might have some info about getting the perspective info out of the cache: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=29538

Quote:
Looking forward to you figuring that out.
With the pointer from Rob Trew (thanks!) that turned out to be pretty easy.

In the latest version you can do this now:

Code:
ofexport -f text=Work -p status=active -t next --open -o ~/Desktop/OF.taskpaper
And it produces something plausible. This is hot off the presses so I don't if there are any lurking weirdnesses yet.

Quote:
In case you haven't seen it, this thread might have some info about getting the perspective info out of the cache: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=29538
Thanks, interesting. As an aside I've also had trouble with blobs/unicode when decoding the notes. This might work better than my current soution which is quite slow...

How do I upgrade to a newer version? I know very little about the command line.