The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help/Examples Applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I need to produce a custom extract of the plan to feed into another system. The best way seems to be to write an applescript that can read through every task in a project and extract only the ones that I have tagged with a custom field (TaskType) value of "E" into a text file.

Unfortunately I don't know applescript. Are there any script examples doing this, or something very similar that would show me how to achieve this?

I also need to extract the information that shows up on the status bar of OmniPlan (overall % complete, project start, project end, duration and effort).

There's a script on our extras page which takes all the data from one plan file and appends it to another. This might be a good starting point. Replace all the parts where it's adding to the second OmniPlan file with writing it out in your own format.

Looking quickly, that script doesn't seem to handle custom data. OmniPlan's custom data is stored in records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
There's a script on our extras page which takes all the data from one plan file and appends it to another. This might be a good starting point. Replace all the parts where it's adding to the second OmniPlan file with writing it out in your own format.

Looking quickly, that script doesn't seem to handle custom data. OmniPlan's custom data is stored in records.
Not knowing much about applescript, how would I access the custom data stored in the records. Can you share a quick example?

Code:
 set myTaskType to |TaskType| of (get custom data of myTask)