The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Export real MPP files not XML? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a friend who is using Microsoft Project Manager and it does not like the faux project files Plan is exporting...i.e. the MPX ones and the XML ones.

This blog post from Omnigroup...POSTED BY LINDA ON 11.02.06 @ 3:32 PM

but you can use OmniPlan to export to .mpx, .mpp, and MSPDI .xml for sharing with Microsoft Project and other project management applications

specifically mentions .mpp files but I can't find anywhere to do that...HELP!

That was an error on our blog post. Sorry. You can *import* mpp but you can't export them.

You might ask your friend to check the security settings in Tools > Options in MSProject to make sure it's allowing older file formats. (On 2007, you get a helpful error message about this; in 2003, you get "Operation failed.")

Regardless, it'd be great if you (or your friend) could email omniplan@omnigroup.com with the specific error messages you're encountering so we can see what's going wrong.

Sorry again about the error in our blog post. I'll see about getting it corrected.