The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
styles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in the side bar. Are headings the same as levels?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyturner View Post
I see Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in the side bar. Are headings the same as levels?
No, if you scroll down the list you should see the level styles, unless that file was made before we modified the template. The heading styles are not set up to be automatically applied to anything. You can change them to be automatically applied but they are just there as preset styles that you may want to use for styling heading rows.

The level styles are configured to be automatically applied to their corresponding rows but do not contain any style attributes so you can style your levels how you see fit.

If you don't see the level styles at the end of the list on new document either, then you likely modified the default template. You can reset that by open the OmniOutliner Preferences and clicking the Reset button in the bottom left corner of the General tab.
 
Derek, thanks for the quick response. Don't know why I was so dim to not see that.

As for row numbers: is there any plans for a setting (or does a feature already exist) that allows one to continue the row numbering where it previously left off instead of starting from 1. all the time?

Example: I have an outline which is a set of discussion questions which are numbered now automatically via Level 2 styling. I want to categorize these questions via Level 1 rows that give the category name. However, when adding a new Level 1 row, the Level 2 rows beneath all automatically start their numbering from number 1. again. Is there are way to change this?

Thanks!

Bryan
 
Is there any plans to add a mechanism whereby we can control how much child rows are indented? and based on style as well?

This is a feature in OO3 that I'd love to see added to OO4.

Bryan
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brygoose View Post
As for row numbers: is there any plans for a setting (or does a feature already exist) that allows one to continue the row numbering where it previously left off instead of starting from 1. all the time?
That is not a feature we'll be adding for 4.0, but we are aware of the desire for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brygoose View Post
Is there any plans to add a mechanism whereby we can control how much child rows are indented? and based on style as well?
The options in OO4 are whether or not to indent the children of a given row (set indent to 0) and then setting the indent value for the whole document.

In the Style inspector there is a control for Indent children Yes/No. That can be assigned to named styles. In the Document inspector there is a control for Indent child rows which is the value used whenever a child row is set to indent.

Are you wanting to have a level of control over the indent value on a per parent basis beyond this?
 
Yes, it would be useful to be able to set the indent amount on a level-by-level or style-by-style basis.

Thanks!
 
Bryan, we're interested to know what type of documents you are creating that you would make use of that level of control. You can email us if you would rather not share such details on the forums. Thanks!
 
What about checkboxes. Can I a checkbox set on a particular row on the basis of style? For example, I want to create a style called "Action Item" and have the check box on only for those items that have that style applied.

What I see is that the checkbox selection in the Column part of the inspector is grayed out.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
What about checkboxes. Can I a checkbox set on a particular row on the basis of style? For example, I want to create a style called "Action Item" and have the check box on only for those items that have that style applied.

What I see is that the checkbox selection in the Column part of the inspector is grayed out.
That is not currently possible. You can however set the status of a row's checkbox to 'none' so it isn't visible. This can not be set as a style however, so you would need to manually set it. This option is under Edit > Set Status.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
That is not currently possible. You can however set the status of a row's checkbox to 'none' so it isn't visible. This can not be set as a style however, so you would need to manually set it. This option is under Edit > Set Status.
Is that in the plan to make it settable as a style just like font and color etc..?

J.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diagram styles with different styles TimBonnici OmniGraffle Extras 0 2013-04-11 07:59 AM
Help - Styles (again!) Simon Knight OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 1 2010-11-29 05:26 AM
Problems with styles nomad_penguin OmniFocus 1 for Mac 6 2008-08-31 08:41 PM
Default Styles... StoneRoseDesignDotCom OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 7 2007-01-30 12:41 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.