The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Won't re-open Perspectives window on launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I quit/re-launch OO it remembers to re-open all of my windows except the Perspectives window - which is mildly irritating since it's something I always want open.

Is there some way I can get it to re-open the Perspectives window on launch?

The Inspector window is the only "utility" window that it restores on launch; Attachments, Preferences, Release Notes, Perspectives, Help windows are not restored. I suspect they view this as doing you a favor and starting you off with an uncluttered workspace. They do record the position and size of the window so that it goes back exactly where you had it when you recreate it.

Are you using the window all the time for launching perspectives? Even with a 27" display, I find that window takes up too much space to leave up. command-control-P is my friend, maybe it can be your friend too :-) I think it is about the only window that opens quickly for me!

Perhaps there's a hidden Omni configuration variable that will override the current behavior, but you've probably got a better chance of finding out about it with email to the support ninjas.

I think the part of my brain that remembers keyboard short cuts filled up about six years ago (I think is mostly stuffed full of vi and eclipse).

So... Its Cmd ^ P - on a PostIt then :-)

I hear you on the keyboard shortcuts! These days, I don't bother trying to memorize them for a new application; I wait until I have established some working patterns, then check for shortcuts for the things I do most often. I think it makes more sense to learn what you're doing first, instead of just associating some keyboard shortcut with a desired result. Much easier to teach someone else a new process with descriptive command names than arbitrary keyboard shortcuts!