The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting Loses Project Data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Export to Text or CSV only export actions and their contexts. No reference whatsoever to Projects. Is there any way to include Project data?

That's not what I get. In Planning mode, I selected the projects I wanted to export, exported to CSV, and got a document with columns for Task ID, Type (Inbox, Action, or Project), Task, Project, Context, Start Date, Due Date, Completion Date, Duration, Flagged, and Notes.

Weird. I can't seem to get a project field no matter what I do. I'll keep fiddling with it.

I lost a whole bunch of data at some point during the beta testing. Hopefully the production release will be stable and this won't recur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Schoenfeld View Post
Weird. I can't seem to get a project field no matter what I do. I'll keep fiddling with it.
CSV export should give you all the information you could ever want. HTML only gives a subset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
I lost a whole bunch of data at some point during the beta testing. Hopefully the production release will be stable and this won't recur.
Did you report this via email? If not please do so, so that we are aware of the problem and can test to make sure that is has been fixed.

Thanks for the followup -- I will e-mail you about it, where should I e-mail to? Basically I had a _lot_ of information in Omni Focus, and then after some of the updates I ended up with only 3 misc projects. When I try a new software tool I put it through its paces which is what I was doing, however when I lost the data I chalked it up to the fact that I was doing alpha testing so that's always a possibility.

It seems to be working right today. If this was flakiness of OmniFocus and not of me, and it repeats, I'll save the export for further examination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Thanks for the followup -- I will e-mail you about it, where should I e-mail to? Basically I had a _lot_ of information in Omni Focus, and then after some of the updates I ended up with only 3 misc projects. When I try a new software tool I put it through its paces which is what I was doing, however when I lost the data I chalked it up to the fact that I was doing alpha testing so that's always a possibility.
omnifocus@omnigroup.com

or use the "Send Feedback" menu item in the Help Menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Schoenfeld View Post
It seems to be working right today. If this was flakiness of OmniFocus and not of me, and it repeats, I'll save the export for further examination.
I'm not sure when you were last doing export, but the export was cleaned up a lot right around Christmas as we were polishing up 1.0.