The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No app icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would suggest that the next version of the app be created in a 'two part' format (i thought that is how v1 was made, but I wasn't paying close enough attention at first).

Part 1 would be the configuration application. This would work like the current OD interface, with all the options and whatnot. (as either a standalone app like it currently is, or better yet a preference pane, or at least a pref pane that launches the app, so i don't have to dig around for it)

Part 2 would be the 'part that does the work'. This would be a faceless background app, so you wouldn't have anything in the dock taking up space, and you wouldn't have a random utility showing up in the cmd-tab task switcher mucking up your workflow.

The 'part 2' / 'engine' would be the piece that started up automatically on logon of course.

Something else that we'd like to do is provide an option for hiding the dock icon. Again there are some hurdles to get over in order to do this correctly but it is something we'd like to provide in a future release.