The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync pad and phone without desktop? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use OF for phone and pad but not desk. Would love to keep 'em synced but neither has file system access.

I don't use MobileMe, and have not found a way to use WebDAV, since most want a local client. Wifi/bonjour searches out a Mac, which I don't have.

Tips?

You should be able to do it with the Omni sync service if you don't mind having your data on someone else's server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You should be able to do it with the Omni sync service if you don't mind having your data on someone else's server.
I too have an iPhone and an iPad, but no Mac. I want to sync these together.
iPhone options are mobileme, Bonjour, and webDAV
iPad options are Mobileme, webDAV, and Omni Sync Server.

I have Omni Sync Service, but it's not available on the iPhone, evidently.

Does anyone know when Omni Sync Service will be available for iPhone, or better yet, any way to get the info from the sync service onto the iPhone?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
I too have an iPhone and an iPad, but no Mac. I want to sync these together.
iPhone options are mobileme, Bonjour, and webDAV
iPad options are Mobileme, webDAV, and Omni Sync Server.

I have Omni Sync Service, but it's not available on the iPhone, evidently.

Does anyone know when Omni Sync Service will be available for iPhone, or better yet, any way to get the info from the sync service onto the iPhone?

Thanks,
It already is available, there just isn't a one-touch setup option like on the iPad. Choose WebDAV, URL is https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It already is available, there just isn't a one-touch setup option like on the iPad. Choose WebDAV, URL is https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>
If you log into your sync.omnigroup.com account on the web page, there's a one-click "Send to OmniFocus" setup link which will configure syncing for any edition of OmniFocus (Mac, iPhone, or iPad). That setup link is also in the confirmation email message you get when your account is activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If you log into your sync.omnigroup.com account on the web page, there's a one-click "Send to OmniFocus" setup link which will configure syncing for any edition of OmniFocus (Mac, iPhone, or iPad). That setup link is also in the confirmation email message you get when your account is activated.
Even better! I signed up long enough ago that I forgot all about that link (which I didn't use anyhow).

It bears mentioning that you have to visit the page and click on the link from the device you want to configure!