The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Siri Not Working for Me at All Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgz101 View Post
(2) OF has iCloud enabled, and indicates successful connection when turned
on
Do you have two Apple ids (typically, one for iCloud and one for iTunes)? If so, you have to connect to the iCloud id. OF will report success if you connect to the iTunes one, but it won't see the iCloud updates.

I too had problems and what fixed for me was deleting the OmniFocus list I created and started over from scratch. I deleted the list from the Reminders app and then recreated it based on the instructions once I saw the list disappear from iCloud and iCal.

I then (re)followed the instructions and it then finally just worked.

I never got this working either. I tried a month ago and gave up. I just tried again today and still no luck. I have tried the following:

- In Reminders I tried both the "Reminders" and "OmniFocus" lists. Every reminder (non location) I add with Siri get into the correct list in the Reminders app and they all get synced to iCloud. I verified this by going to iCloud.com

- In OmniFocus on the iPhone I made my email address exactly match my iCloud settings on the iPhone, I used email@mac.com for both.

- I can connect fine to iCloud in OmniFocus.

- I have tried numerous combinations of adding deleting the lists from Reminders, turning on/off iCloud in OmniFocus, completely deleting OmniFocus and reinstalling it, killing and restarting OmniFocus, and waiting up to an hour for a reminder to show up in OmniFocus.

Reminders work perfectly in Siri, the Reminders app, and syncing to iCloud.

Nothing has ever shown up in the Inbox in OmniFocus.

I have read all these forums and tried everything suggested. I have watched the videos on how to set this up. Nothing works.

Sadly, I am giving up for a second time.

Instead of giving up, why don't you contact Omni support, which is excellent? That's one of the reasons you pay premium prices for their products, you might as well take advantage of it! There's not really much reason to think that the feature can't be made to work for you when it works for so many others.

Posting on the forum is not the same as contacting them. http://www.omnigroup.com/support/

OmniFocus 1.13.1 should be available shortly via your usual iOS update channel. This version fixes a few known Siri issues and also adds some additional diagnostics so that if you contact support, you can provide us some additional logs to help us figure out what's going wrong.

Possible fix if you're accessing an Exchange account via your 4S: I was having this same issue - reminders entered via Siri were not going to OF Inbox. I checked my iCloud Calendar as per the instructions above (thanks!) and noticed none of the Reminders I'd set were listed there either. I poked around a bit on my 4S and noticed that under Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars, all the way at the bottom there's a Reminders Default List which was set for Exchange. I was selected Reminders as the Default and Siri is now working like a charm.