The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniBank Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, so I'm fairly new to the OmniFocus group, having recently purchased a mac license and iphone app. I'm now looking at OmniPlan for my 'at work' organization of projects.

Well, thinking about it, I began to wish that Quicken had some of the capabilities that OmniFocus has.

I went as far as to draft a 'suggestion' letter to Intuit/Quicken and ask that they 'co-op' with the OmniGroup to develop something that would work (i.e. on the desktop and sync'd to the iphone).

Well, I guess, by the looks of this thread, that something like this HAS been on the table for quite a few years.

So, here's my vote for a finance app!

Would be nice to hear from a developer to see if this has had any progress or plan :)

Edit (3/26/10): Since posting this I've obtained a copy of iBank for both iPhone and Mac. I must say that I'm surprised a the usage and the ability to sync data 'in the field' on your iPhone to your database that can be accessed through your mac. This is a HUGE problem for Quicken folks (along with the terrible mac support in general); not being able to access their data on a portable device. The customer support seems pretty top notch too... actually... they really remind me of you all at OMNI... hmmm... answer the nagging requests for an OmniBank app through collaboration with iBank... hmmm two mac companies collide and amazing things happen.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by JonoWW; 2010-03-26 at 11:27 AM..

It's funny that I stumbled upon this thread. I downloaded iBank a few days ago and after looking at it some I told my wife "If OMNI made a finance program I would buy without even trying it out first."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
I'm sure the Omni folks could do a much better job, but then the company would have to increase in size by a factor of a hundred just for support staff, then they'd hire more lawyers, then they'd change their license, and raise their prices, maybe go public, and generally stop being the creative software house we know and love.
Why do you think Omni would have to significantly increase in size to support a personal financial app? iBank's maker has another major product, and they consist of about 6 people total.

I think Omni could handle this task with 1 additional developer and 1 additional support resource.

edit: I just realized that I responded to a much older message. Still an appropriate contribution, I think.

Last edited by pheller; 2010-01-11 at 05:32 PM..

What's the best or who has the best solution to this?

I'm a huge fan of your applications, and own most of your desktop apps. Looks like you're focused on mobile at the moment; however, like many in the forum, I would jump at the chance to buy an Omnigroup personal finance app.

Sadly, the available personal finance software for Macs lack the polish and functionality that user of banking software expect, and which I am confident the Omnigroup dev team could deliver on.

Here's another vote for personal finance app!

All in all a very good product and experience. I believe there's a free trial and a bunch of tutorial videos on his site.