The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't consistently expand notes completely Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just entered some new notes into a series of tasks, then tried to print them out with the notes fully expanded. Instead, I got just the first lines.

In the past, when I have printed some older notes, they DID fully expand when I printed them out. (In fact it used to drive me nuts when I did it inadvertently.) What gives? How do I control this behavior? '

Some of the old notes were pasted in from the text of an email. Not sure about all of them. The new ones were hand-typed in OF. As far as I can tell, that's the only difference in the notes themselves.

Anybody know what's going on here and how to fix it? Thanks!

Can you reproduce this with the Preview button in the print dialog? If you can, send a screen capture of your OF window and the resulting output of the preview saved as a PDF to Omni with the Help->Send Feedback command.

It sounds like one of the settings in the OmniFocus section of Page Setup (specifically, "Notes: Show All") got changed. If you select File -> Page Setup and then set the Settings pop-up to OmniFocus, you'll see the relevant control. What's it set to?

Learn something new every day! I'd never noticed that bit lurking there in Page Setup, though now that I look, I see it in a few other Omni apps. A bit confusing at first blush to have that stuff spread between Page Setup and Print, though I suppose if I sat down and looked at it the division would be sensible.