The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Locations on first generation iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So does location work at all in/for last ( first gen. ) years iPhone? I occasionally get a request windoid when I take a picture to use that location, I have accepted and denied and have not noticed a difference in exif data, what should if any thing I be looking for "location wise"?

Or is this a case of my watching the parade go by, as I have the "old iPhone"

Terence
Puzzled is my natural state, not Denial ( Republic or autocracy? )

Last edited by Terence Dodge; 2008-08-20 at 12:39 PM..

OmniFocus can do location stuff on 1st gen iPhones. It's using Wifi and cell tower signals to guesstimate your location, so it will be less accurate than true GPS, but I find it close enough for my uses. (It distinguishes home from work from downtown. Each one is over a mile from the others.)

And I would expect some location info in the exif data on photos too, but I don't know much about that.