The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Migrating OmniWeb bookmarks to Safari? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb is crashing on me all the time, especially on my favorite sites so I'm going to have to give up on it (after 15 years!) and go to Safari, at least until Omni can fix the crash problems with their latest Snow Leopard release. Is there an easy way to copy my bookmarks from one to the other?

Your OmniWeb bookmarks file is just an HTML file that you can open in any browser and click the links. Look in your ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 directory for Bookmarks.html.

I haven't had any problems with OmniWeb crashing under Snow Leopard that I recall. Do you have the bookmark sync turned on? That's reputed to still be a cause of crashes. I'd cc omniweb@omnigroup.com on one of your crash reports to make sure someone actually takes a look at it, or give them a call.