The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipper for Sparrow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to use Sparrow for my main email client. Is there a clip-o-tron available for it?

Doesn't look feasible at the moment, as the Applescript dictionary for Sparrow Lite only shows support for creating an outgoing message. Also doesn't look like there's any support for getting a link to a message. You can clip selected text from a message in the usual way, but not the entire message + link like you get with the Clip-o-Tron.

Perhaps you could convince the developers that the ability to support an OmniFocus clipping plug-in would be a big selling point...I suspect Omni would be willing to tell them what they needed to provide, if asked.

I would be interested in this as well. So, if anybody becomes aware of a development that would allow clipping from Sparrow, let us know!

Omnifocus and email belong to my daily workflow. Since Sparrow is such a great email client, I would love to see an Omnifocus integration for it. Omnifocus works fine with Mailplane or Apple Mail, but Sparrow is just that much quicker for a day-to-day workflow - it's only missing the Omnifocus integration :(.

Last edited by morgler; 2011-04-13 at 12:17 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgler View Post
Omnifocus and email belong to my daily workflow. Since Sparrow is such a great email client, I would love to see an Omnifocus integration for it. Omnifocus works fine with Mailplane or Apple Mail, but Sparrow is just that much quicker for a day-to-day workflow - it's only missing the Omnifocus integration :(.
Wholeheartedly agree, Sparrow is the best g/email client on the Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniNewb View Post
Wholeheartedly agree, Sparrow is the best g/email client on the Mac.
I agree! I hope there is some way to make this work. I love Sparrow and OmniFocus.

Thanks for the interest! We've posted sample code to make it easier for developers to add OmniFocus support to their applications.

If the Sparrow team is interested in adding support, we're happy to answer any questions they may have. (We did something similar for with the Postbox team last year.)

Dragging an email from sparrow and onto OF works. It's clumsy though, and you can't use sparrow in full screen mode this way :(

Good thread so far, I didn't know about dragging an email from sparrow to OF so thanks mtheoryx. I can help with the full screen mode though. If you start to drag a message and then hot key to the desktop (typically cntrl-#) then you can drop it into the note of omnifocus that you want. This does require that you do some prep work in OF first. Making sure you have the task visible and the cursor in the note section. Also later when you want to go back to the note, when you click on the hyperlink it you will need to switch back to sparrow manually but the message will be highlighted.

Also to manually switch spaces via keyboard you need to enable that in the keyboard under system prefs.

Last edited by gcrump; 2011-07-30 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added section on enabling cntrl-key

Not sure I understand "dragging an email from Sparrow" means.
When I drag a message I see the little envelope icon, but dropping it on OF (dock or open window) does nothing.