The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amazing Graphical Interface Idea - OmniFocus Flying Logic Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just downloaded a rather awesome piece of software called Flying Logic which looks like a cross between OmniPlan and OmniGaffle.

Here is a video demo: http://flyinglogic.com/video/index.html (watch the second one.) It does a fantastic job of integrating my visual and nonlinear thinking style (very omni graffle-esce) to produce a fantastically valuable graphical overview of the logical connections in a plan.

It exports to Microsoft Project (which is then importable to OmniPlan) but, it does not import. Making it basically un-syncable with the rest of my (OMNI) organization systems.

If Omni were to update their programs so that omnigraffle handle input like this, then integrate Omnigraffle with omnifocus and omniplan! I could do anything!

Almost five years into the above post, I still hope that this is still doable and will see the light of actual implementation :) The ability of Flying Logic merged with the power of Omnifocus is probably the next wave of To-Do List Management App.

We can only hope...

Of course, there are some folks who still haven't gotten the idea of mindmapping quite yet.

When I tell people I use mindmaps in my GTD setup, they give me the one raised eyebrow look and wonder if I'm still in high school playing with such nonsense as mindmaps... *sigh*

Mind maps are one of those things that really make sense when you actually start using them. Since I started I find I use them for all sorts of things, from early stage project planning tool through to taking notes in meetings - a visual outliner really. I use MindNode Pro which is cheap and very basic, but I find that the lack of complexity is a real benefit as I like to keep my maps simple and focused. I haven't yet used them as part of my core GTD setup though - I'll have to think about that one.

MindMapping and GTD - a perfect match for me for many years

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstarks View Post
I just downloaded a rather awesome piece of software called Flying Logic ...
Looks like nicely done software, albeit rather high in cost for basic home use.

Thanks.

--
JJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngobiyane View Post
MindMapping and GTD - a perfect match for me for many years
FWIW, Curio (zengobi.com) offers MindMapping and project scheduling tools in one package.

Just a happy user.

--
JJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
We can only hope...

Of course, there are some folks who still haven't gotten the idea of mindmapping quite yet.

When I tell people I use mindmaps in my GTD setup, they give me the one raised eyebrow look and wonder if I'm still in high school playing with such nonsense as mindmaps... *sigh*
I use mindmaps now almost exclusively to build lecture notes for my courses.

For project management, I find that using a Kanban-type board works a bit better for me. Also in this regard, as to using mindmap type approaches, I find the wheel-type paradigm used in Goalscape to be a bit more effective as well.

I admit, the "mapping" paradigm used by Flying Logic looks impressive for project management, especially to find such things as critical paths or to rout out bottle necks. The price is too steep for my needs right now though.

--
JJW