The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Option Click Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone have any ideas about this one?

I work with a database that will create a single webpage with links to hi-res images. With the many other browsers I have used, an option-click will cause the linked JPEG to download to the default folder. With OW I get a 4K file that called filename.jpg.jpg.html.

Does the system use cookies?

It sets a temporary cookie which is deleted when the logout button is clicked or when the browser is closed. There is no timeout.

There are three different download options in the database. Each marries different data to the images as they are prepared and then linked for download. Interestingly, one seems to work just fine, but not the one that attaches the data I need.

If you open up the downloaded file in something like BBEdit, what do you see?

This is the text inside the resulting file:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.open('/dclsite/home/fastlogin.php3?fasturl='+escape(document.URL),'Log in','scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,menub ar=no,resizable=yes,dependent=1,width=400,height=2 50');
</script>

Seems like a problem I was having before as well.

Here's what I was told: Aha! We have a problem under leopard where when something is sent to our downloader, it doesn't include any cookies - so you get whatever would turn up if you pasted the url into a new browser window (I hope that makes sense).