The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I realistically use Contexts in my life? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthychef View Post
That makes sense, but where do I find out more about the email feature? And what is the state of iCal support. I'm not a big fan of Apple's sync feature, it has really hosed me on many occasions, especially when using the Missing Sync and my Palm treo 700p. Is it reliable right now? Can you enter new tasks while you're out an about and have them show up in Omnifocus? Is there a document somewhere that describes how? Thanks.
In response to the email.
Go to OmniFocus preferences
select mail
click the Add Mail Rule checkbox

Then go into mail -> preferences and stare in wonderment at the new mail rules.

For me, I changed the mail rule to always inbox messages from an email account I have that is only installed on my iPhone. This may not work for others.

Thanks for finally unravelling the mystery. I tried this a week or two ago and it did nothing -- since then I've been confused about it. It works now. thanks

Last edited by wealthychef; 2007-11-16 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: it was foolish what I first wrote

The email thing is a very clever idea but in all honest I can't really believe I'd ever go to all this trouble to put in a simple action. An iPhone app is needed, please.

Well, yes, of course, and OF have already said they are going to do that. To each their own -- I agree this does not really help me much. I have several "inboxes" and one or more is always available to me everywhere. One of them is a voice recorder. However, I used to send emails to myself that had to-do's in them as a reminder. If you are already in this habit, it's a convenience to just put "--" in the subject and "--" before the to-do and it automatically appears in OF.

Not working for me. Seems to fail after recognizing the email but nothing appears in OF. Would someone try to send me a syntactically correct example? I'll provide email in a private msg.

Just as a note; there were some fixes to our Mail integration recently to avoid brokenness in Mail's AppleScript support. Make sure you are running the latest version (v45.x.y or higher should be fine) before testing this. Once updating, it would be safest to use our Mail preferences pane to disable the rule and then re-add it (so that the new badness-avoiding form of rule gets added in Mail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodsham View Post
The email thing is a very clever idea but in all honest I can't really believe I'd ever go to all this trouble to put in a simple action. An iPhone app is needed, please.
To each their own... for me, before I was emailing todo's as the occured to me using iPhone email to my email inbox. Now it's like I am mailing them into my OmniFocus inbox.

I'm with you spiral— I find it very easy to jot quick emails using this method.

Great! Two questions. When sending it does not send attachments. Is this possible? 2. I am using Microsoft Entourage. Can it sync to do in there? I have been trying to leave Gates for sometime now I hope OF can take the place of "Projects" in Entourage.

Thanks