The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contextual menu in Personal Bookmarks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just tried to mark an RSS feed as "viewed" using a contextual menu in my Personal Bookmark window, but no menu appeared. I had to use the "gear" menu below the list pane.

I have a strong impression that contextual menus used to work. Thinking this might be a problem with OW 5.8 SP1, I tried OW 5.7 - no contextual menus there either. Hmmm.

If others can confirm contextual menu do work in OW 5.8, I'll start hunting for a software conflict. I have one suspect in mind because it recently installed a system-wide contextual menu extension.

I can right-click on a normal bookmark and get a menu in 5.8

Assuming that Handyman is running OW 5.8 SP1 on 10.5.4, I must have a software conflict on my Mac.

My first guess was a conflicting Contextual Menu plug-in. I found a handful of plug-ins in my /Library/Contextual Menu Items and ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items. I deleted all but the one I'm actually using: iPaste. That didn't help.

Hmmm. I wonder what else it might be. (It's been a very long time since I longed for ConflictCatcher on Mac OS X.)

It seems to be working okay here as well. You might check your console to see if anything pops up there when you try right clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
You might check your console to see if anything pops up there when you try right clicking.
Console is quiet when I try right-clicking in a personal Personal Bookmarks list.

To make sure we're all testing in the same places, contextual menus are working fine in most of OmniWeb. The only places the menu is failing to appear are the Collections pane and list of bookmarks pane of a Personal Bookmarks window (both in a browser window and in a separate window).

Contextual menus appear in normal browser windows and even in the lower portions of the Personal Bookmarks window - search box below the list and all Bookmark Info fields.

Contextual menus work in the outline / bookmark view of the bookmarks page. They do not work in the sidebar but that is expected.

I'm pleased, well actually, thrilled to report that contextual menus have returned to my Personal Bookmarks.

After pursuing numerous technical dead ends, I'd given up.

I just clicked my right Mighty Mouse button, and a menu appeared. Oh, happy day! (Remember the Edwin Hawkins Singers or watch the Choeur Gospel Celebration.)

Let's hope I'm not tempting fate by posting this report.

[submitted as formal feedback]