The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

When will we get....? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1) Ability to create repeating items on OH iPhone?

2) Immediate updates of the Next Action whenever the current Next Action is completed. Right now I have to back up a screen or go to Home just to get an update. This behavior is very much unlike the desktop version.

3. The ability to turn off sound when I'm picking a start/due date using the date picker without turning off my ringer sound. I filed a bug on this over a month ago.

Agree fully with #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
I'm not sure about a time frame on this: we're trying to get what's already there working well before we add any additional features.

Quote:
2) Immediate updates of the Next Action whenever the current Next Action is completed. Right now I have to back up a screen or go to Home just to get an update. This behavior is very much unlike the desktop version.
Agreed! Hopefully we'll be able to fix this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhedstrom View Post
3. The ability to turn off sound when I'm picking a start/due date using the date picker without turning off my ringer sound. I filed a bug on this over a month ago.
We're using a standard iPhone date control, and unfortunately we have no control over the sounds it makes. I'm pretty sure we've filed a bug with Apple about this, but I'll double-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We're using a standard iPhone date control, and unfortunately we have no control over the sounds it makes. I'm pretty sure we've filed a bug with Apple about this, but I'll double-check.
Blech. I don't have this problem in any of the standard Apple iphone apps (no sound in the calendar date picker for example), but I'm guessing the control you have access to isn't exactly the same one. Thanks for the followup.

Quote:
I would love to be able to create repeating tasks on the iPhone as well. For now, I have to enter a task to make another task when I get home.

My workaround for simple repeating tasks is to change the due date instead of checking off the task as done.

I am more inerested in a repeating project or checklist feature. Every month I have to repeat a set of similar actions for completing monthly reports. I also have bi-weekly project meetings that require the same 5-10 preparation and reporting actions to be persormed. I have not yet found an easy way to do this with iPhone OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidehli View Post
My workaround for simple repeating tasks is to change the due date instead of checking off the task as done.
That brings me to another, minor, annoyance: I try to avoid setting dates on OF iPhone. I don't like the default time they select - it's different than how OF Desktop behaves. However, I do think once it's set for an Action, the default becomes more reasonable.

How is "Due right now!" a reasonable default for when something is due in the GTD world?

Quote:
That brings me to another, minor, annoyance: I try to avoid setting dates on OF iPhone. I don't like the default time they select - it's different than how OF Desktop behaves.
Yes, I don't like this either and avoid due date setting on the iPhone app for the same reason. I would love if this was a setting on the iPhone version. In my dream world, the iPhone app and Desktop app could even share/sync this setting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I would love to be able to create repeating tasks on the iPhone as well. For now, I have to enter a task to make another task when I get home.
Users, like myself, who wish to use only the iPhone version of the app, have no way of creating repeating tasks at all.

I downloaded the desktop version and, when it was in trial mode, created all the necessary repeating actions I could think of, and they still work now that the trial is over, thankfully, but that's just a one-time workaround, of course.