The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb and Windows Media Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I d/loaded Omniweb 5.5 a couple of days ago (and upgraded to b2) and so far am very impressed with it.

However, I'm having problems with a site I use regularly which uses streaming Windows media. The site is naxos.com. It works fine in Safari, Firefox and Opera, but with OW I get an image like a Lego brick, with question marks on it. I assume this signifies a missing plugin?

I have Windows Media Player 9 installed. I have also tried the new version of Flip4Mac, but that resulted in the other browsers also being unable to play these files so I removed it.

Sorry if I am missing something blindingly obvious, but I think I've tried everything in the FAQ and the help files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhardwick
However, I'm having problems with a site I use regularly which uses streaming Windows media.

Unless the site uses DRM to protect their content, I would seriously suggest to completely ofrget about WMP. Instead, use the Fli4Mac WMV codecs for Quicktime. MS officially gave up on WMP (and I'd add that they haven't put much effort in it before) and *they* redistribute the WMV codecs themselves now :)
Much much smoother in all browsers!