The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want to use OW, but... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been seriously considering purchasing and switching to OmniWeb full time. The two concerns I have are the quirkiness with RSS, where sometimes the feeds just show as text in the browser and this editing toolbar issue. I use WordPress and Blogger, and not having editing tools does cause me to have to consistently open another browser. With all of the blogging going on, I don't consider this a minor issue. I still may purchase OmniWeb, but I'd feel better if those two issues were resolved.

Otherwise, this is a great, innovative product.

Thank you for the feedback! It really does help to have someone take the time to let us know what keeps you from using/buying our apps.

As far as the RSS goes, we know there are issues and we want to address them before the 5.5 final.

For the editing tools, we need to ship 5.5, then we need to upgrade our webkit to the latest version and then see what we can do to help improve WebKit's compatibility with AJAX--but we do want to get there.

Finally, I want to say--if you are going to regret the purchase later, don't buy it now. That's why we give a demo period of 30 days that resets with every sneaky peek and beta. We want you to buy when it makes you happy. Its our job to make sure enough people are happy that we can make a living at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Thank you for the feedback! It really does help to have someone take the time to let us know what keeps you from using/buying our apps.

As far as the RSS goes, we know there are issues and we want to address them before the 5.5 final.
It would be really nice if OmniWeb would send RSS links to the default newsreader. For example, in Safari when I click the RSS button in the location bar it automatically sends the url to NetNewsReader to subscribe. I would really enjoy having this option in OmniWeb. Just my preference.

Here's another vote for getting Wordpress' editor to work, and also gaining compatibility with WriteToMyBlog. Very frustrating indeed. These are pretty much the two things that are keeping me from being behind (and from using) OW 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofferensis
It would be really nice if OmniWeb would send RSS links to the default newsreader. For example, in Safari when I click the RSS button in the location bar it automatically sends the url to NetNewsReader to subscribe. I would really enjoy having this option in OmniWeb. Just my preference.
I concur here, especially since my default newsreader, NetNewsWire, is such a fine application. Why not let applications designed for specific tasks do those tasks. For me, improving the RSS features of OW is not a priority. It would be nice, however, to be able to add feeds to your default newsreader from OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofferensis
One more vote for this. The addition of a "Copy Address of RSS Feed to Clipboard" option in the contextual menu and the menu of the RSS icon in the status bar would be nice too.

I vote for this too - I use NetNewsWire as well and don't really care about direct feed display in my web browser.