The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Unsort" Personal Bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After six years of using OmniWeb, I finally discovered I could sort by Personal Bookmarks by clicking a column header. However, my click in the Label header was an accident. And my years of careful hand-ordering was trashed. Yikes!!!

I was somewhat relieved to discover my menus of Favorites bookmarks were still OK in my main browser window.

Hoping for the best, I closed and reopened my Personal Bookmarks window -- still sorted in Label order.

Still hoping for the best, I quit and relaunched OmniWeb and then opened my Personal Bookmark. Ah, unsorted! Whew!

To save others these anxious moments, it would be nice if there were an obvious, straightforward way to restore bookmarks to their "unsorted" order.

[submitted as formal feedback]

You can keep clicking on the header to toggle through the different options. Ascending, Descending and None. This is pretty standard behavior for column headers on OS X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
You can keep clicking on the header to toggle through the different options. Ascending, Descending and None. This is pretty standard behavior for column headers on OS X.
I live and breathe OS X, and I don't recall ever noticing an application cycling to None. For example, Finder and Mail just toggle a column header between Ascending and Descending.

You're right, I shouldn't have said that. If an app allows not sorting than it may behave this way, but the only other app that I can think of off the top of my head is one of our internal apps (which I live in all day) so my perception is probably a little distorted. Sorry about that.