The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Completion Styles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I'm using OO as a basic to-do list/task manager. It would be great if, when I checked off a box (e.g. when a task was completed), the item would gain a strikethrough (or turn grey or whatever). I don't want the item to go away - I just want it to recede... And I guess I also don't want to have drag a style chit to the completed item in addition to checking off an item.

(I know that KGTD does this but I don't really want to implement the whole Kinkless system.)

Does anyone know of a way for this to be automated/worked?

Thanks in advance!

It's not possible to do this kind of filtering currently. It's a fairly popular feature request and I suspect that down the road we're going to add some filtering options like this.

So how does Kinkless do that then? It's the one thing I really want Outliner to do that it doesn't yet : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumdave
So how does Kinkless do that then? It's the one thing I really want Outliner to do that it doesn't yet : )
Kinkless does this by using Applescript. When you run the Sync script it scans the document and performs various transformations on your rows depending on what state they're in. We would like to include similar features in OmniOutliner that wouldn't require scripting.

Last edited by JamesM; 2006-06-30 at 11:39 AM..