The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Context Tip Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a half a dozen contexts that I can perform while I'm in my office (phone, office, laptop, internet, etc.) and several that are much more infrequent (someday, errands, ...).

I often want to know what available tasks are available in all of my office contexts while still hiding those infrequent tasks. I tried several ways of doing this until I realized that you can select multiple contexts in context mode with the shift key. (Were you always able to do this? I seem to recall not being able to do this. Maybe I had a bad build back then.)

So, I reordered my contexts (with simple drag and drop) so that my "office" contexts were the top. Now I can simply select that set with a click at the top, shift, click at the bottom. (Or shift and arrow down a few contexts.)

David

You can also use Cmd-click to select non-adjacent contexts.

Curt

Yes, I guess I should have been more clear in pointing that out.

But ordering them with the "common set" together at the top makes it easy to select the typical case quickly.

Excellent! I hadn't realized that david!

Thanks for the tip.